All the dreamy effects you love wrapped in a limited edition gold-plated design
- A golden edition is added to the Achromat Collection:
- Lomography’s popular reinvention of Charles Chevalier’s 19th-century optical design now comes in a new, lustrious gold-plate edition.
- The ethereal aesthetics of the world’s first photographic optic lens:
- A powerful tool for modern-day photographers and cinematographers alike, this limited edition Art Lens lets photographers switch between crisp sharpness and silky soft-focus images.
- Waterhouse aperture system for endless experimental effects:
- Creatives can produce beautiful bokeh effects with a set of custom-made aperture plates, and craft stunning lens flares with a set of additional gold aperture plates.
- Premium quality craftsmanship for analoque and digital cameras:
- Designed and handcrafted in a small manufactory, Lomography’s popular collection of Daguerreotype Achromat Art Lenses are available in Canon EF and Nikon F.
A Golden Edition is added to the Achromat Collection
Renowned the world over for their stunning design, Lomography’s brilliant brass and sleek black Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lenses were first launched in 2016. Next came a timelessly cool chrome edition in 2017. And now, Lomography proudly presents the latest addition to its Daguerreotype Achromat collection: wrapped in a glossy coat of real gold plate, this popular Art Lens is sure to stand out from the crowd.
Ethereal aesthetics of the world’s first photographic optic lens
Practical photography was invented in 1839 with the combination of a Chevalier
Achromat lens attached to a Daguerreotype camera. The Chevalier lens bathed images in an alluring veil of light and created hazy, soft pictures. Lomography’s a modern reinvention of this lost aesthetic. Photographers and videographers can delve into an extensive variation of moods and special effects. Shoot silky, soft-focus images at f/2.9, crisp, and sharp shots from f/5.6 onwards – all at a
fixed focal length of 64 mm.
Waterhouse aperture system for endless experimental effects
Fitted with a unique Waterhouse Aperture system, Lomography’s Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lenses let you adjust to varying depths of field to create gorgeous bokeh.
In addition to the standard aperture plates, you can slot in any one of the included Lumière and Aquarelle aperture plates to layer up beautiful backdrops with textured, painterly bokeh rarely achieved in photography.
This gold-plated edition even comes with a set of limited edition gold-plated aperture plates that can be used to create incredible Lomographic lens flares, or simply kept as a unique collectible photography accessory.
Premium quality craftsmanship for analogue and digital cameras
Based on the historic 1839 design, the new Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens Brass, Gold Plated has been designed by Lomography’s expert technicians. Condensed into bold brass and coated in gold plate, it looks impressive on analogue and digital cameras. It works with Canon EF and Nikon F mounts, and is compatible with a wide range of other cameras using adapters available from the Lomography Online Shop. This lustrous new Art lens can be purchased in the Lomography Online Shop and Gallery Stores worldwide for just 549 USD.
Lomography have increased the production of their gorgeous brass, black or chrome-plated Daguerreotype Achromat’s, meaning that they are now available for a new, lower price of 399 USD.
- Focal Length: 64mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.9
- Apertures: Waterhouse aperture stops, up to f/16
- Lens Mounting Profile: Canon EF, Nikon F
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.5m
- Focusing Mechanism: helicoid
- Image circle: 44mm
- Field of view: 37 degrees
- Filter Thread: 40.5mm
- Electronic Contacts: No
- Lens Construction: 2 elements in 1 group
*Compatible also with a large range of other cameras using adapter mounts
Lomography is a globally-active organization dedicated to analogue, experimental and creative photography. With millions of followers and friends across the world, the concept of Lomography encompasses an interactive, vivid and sometimes even blurred and crazy way of life. Through our constantly expanding collection of innovative cameras, instant products, films, lenses & photographic accessories, we promote photography as an inventive approach to communicate, absorb and capture the world.
Lomographers can be anyone and everyone! All that matters is that you have a passion for photography – and a hunger for playingwith the boundaries of what’s possible with this marvelous medium. Lomographers have wandering minds and ever-curious souls; a natural tendency to dance barefoot on rooftops, shoot from dusk ’til dawn, stay up until stupid o’clock to chase the sunrise.For Lomographers, the universe isn’t a place to be stared at and studied; it’s a maze to be explored and get lost in. Each day is a chance to stray off the beaten path, and find the still point of the turning world where great photography happens. The thirst to travel, create, experiment, make mistakes, share and experience this whole myriad of emotions is what keeps Lomographers restless on this little planet we call Earth.