Introducing Photo Finale’s new Proofing Gallery: beautiful, simple sites designed for professional photographers to store and share photos from shoots, and to present them to clients for proofing and print/product purchase.
A Proofing Gallery site allows for products, pricing, and branding distinct from your main PF site, but feeds into your existing Lab 50 for easy production. Just like a main Photo Finale site can, the Proofing Gallery can use a .photofinale.com subdomain or a custom domain, making the site perfect as a stand-alone site. The same library of thousands of print and creative products, produced in-house or by one of our 3rd-party Marketplace partners, is available for you to offer on your Proofing Gallery site. Photo events are managed easily through myLab, allowing photographers to organize and deliver images quickly after the shoot and share them with clients. For each event, which can contain multiple collections of photos, photographers can set event name and description, password protection, URL, and watermarks as well.
If you shoot studio work or event photography, a Proofing Gallery will give you a polished way to show clients proofs, and an easy way to take orders for your professional prints and products. And, your Lab 50 can support multiple Proofing Gallery sites, so if you have pro photographers who want to fulfill through you, you can offer them their own, branded site that is seamlessly connected to your printing and fulfillment services. If you are a photographer looking for a proofing site and print/product fulfillment, we can connect you to a fulfiller!
Photo Finale 12 Features & Changes
- Added sorting options for the photo thumbnails in the Creative Product Builder photo library panel.
- The Welcome page now features a product search box in addition to the buttons for Print and Create.
- Greatly improved the navigation speed between pages when using links in the site header and footer.
- Added a confirmation message after a customer successfully changes their password.
- The fields on the Delivery page are now pre-filled, where possible, with information from a user’s account.
- Added a real-time count of the number of items in the customer’s cart to the site header.
- Unlocked the first page of all photo book styles so that customers may choose to change from the default, single-photo layout.
- Increased the length of the quantity fields on the Cart page to handle values up to 9,999.
- Addressed performance issues on the Review & Crop page running on Internet Explorer.
- Fixed the Delete Collection operation on the Prints page.
- Enhanced the site’s handling of PayPal errors during order submission including returning users to the PayPal site for additional info if required.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when customers used the “Change Style” button or Back button in their browser and went back and ended up choosing a different product entirely.
- Fixed saving of photos from the PicMonkey editor when the photo contains a space in the image name, the cause of intermittent PicMonkey failures which had been reported for some time.
- Resolved cropping problems with photos uploaded using the Express or Fast modes which are already a smaller resolution than the target size.
- When a customer copies and pastes passwords onto the Change Password page, any extraneous white space is trimmed from the front and back.
- If a site is configured to only offer a single payment method, the method is now automatically selected on the Checkout Payment page.
- Corrected the unsubstituted language string “CartSummary_Credit” which could appear on the Cart page.
- Updated the maximum URL length the site accepts, to support a longer list of photos to import in Quick Order mode.
- A fixed or diminishing service charge, if set, is no longer charged for paid membership signups.
- A proper error message is now displayed on the Sign In page when a customer’s membership has expired.
- Resolved a bug with the photo book content that prevented random pages from being deleted.
- Updated the debug display mode to also show product Database IDs and Category IDs on the creative shopping pages.
- The Options summary section on the Checkout Submit page is now hidden when there are no options configured.
- Fixed a bug in Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers that prevented all photos from being shown on the Review & Crop page.
- Resolved a problem on the Sign In page on iOS devices in which you had to click on the page to defocus the text field and then tap on it again in order for the on-screen keyboard to appear.
- Ensured that the percentage discount values on the Prepaid Print Plans page are rounded off to whole numbers.
- The Creative Product Builder will now respect when a particular layout has been marked as disabled by our content team.
- Enhanced the error checking and messaging on the photo uploader page.
- Improved the credit card validation and logo matching algorithm which was requiring the payment name (set in myLab or Lab 50) to be a case-sensitive match.
- The Forgot Password page has been migrated from the legacy page format to the new Bootstrap model.
- Fixed a logic flaw that caused the “automatic seasonal category” to expire a day earlier than specified, leading to “Autumn” showing during the 1-day gaps as it is the first alphabetically.
myLab Features & Changes
- New Events section (only visible for Proofing Gallery sites) for adding and managing photo sessions.
- Automatically disable/enable any child product categories when a user changes the active status of a category. Also prevents the activating a category that is a child of a disabled category.
- Upgraded the myLab code-base to Bootstrap and AngularJS for a more responsive site.
- It is now possible to successfully remove Safe Zone configuration from a product after having added it.
- Enhanced the “Online – Sales – Detailed” report to show the exact revenue share for each order.
- Added several new fields to all of the applicable order reports — Order Source (Web, PFKiosk, iOS), Service Fee, Rush Order Fee, and Tax Exemption.
- Updated the “Online – Customer Email List” report which shows all customers who signed up for membership or placed an online order during a given period. The report now includes columns for how long a user has been a customer, when they placed their first order, whether they have unsubscribed from email and whether emails to their address have bounced in the past.
- You can now use myLab to move a product category within a catalog. On the category page there is a new dropdown list that allows you to change the parent category.