03/19/20 All day
Mergers & Acquisitions remain one of the key topics for the Graphic Communications industry. In an environment where organic growth can be challenging, many companies continue to look for acquisition opportunities that will get them into new markets, expand their geographic footprint, or help them win a new key customer. Entrepreneurs or private equity are finding printing companies attractive as acquisition targets as well.
In announcing this program, jointly sponsored by Printing Industries Alliance (PIA) and the Graphic Arts Association (GAA), PIA President Tim Freeman commented, “Whether you are a buyer, a seller, or neither, you likely will be some day, and you need to have the latest information on the M&A front to be prepared for the future. This conference will provide that and more.”
Topics to be covered include:
- What are the key factors that influence EBITA multiples?
- What markets are hot–and what are not?
- What types of transactions are conducted and what are their underlying strategies?
- How do I build the value of my business and avoid the mistakes that will affect my ability to sell down the road?
- What is the impact of my technology infrastructure on the value of my business, and how should I phase my investments for optimum valuation and performance?
- How do buyers and sellers connect and what happens once they do?
- What are the key business, legal, and insurance issues I need to understand if I am considering buying, selling, or merging?
- Why is it important to have a succession plan in place and to keep it updated; and what are the most important considerations in developing one?
- Lessons learned from companies experiencing a sale, merger, or purchase.
Confirmed presenters include:
- Paul Reilly, Peter Schaffer, Jim Russell, and Tom Williams, all from New Direction Partners (NDP). New Direction Partners is the premier mergers & acquisitions firm in the graphic communications industry, with a hand in over 300 mergers and acquisitions since 1979.
- Larry Gilroy, President of Gilroy, Kernan & Gilroy, one of the leading insurance consultancies in the Northeast.