Nikon Inc. announced the Z 50 Creator’s Kit, a toolkit for “creators, bloggers, vloggers, DIYers, travelers, video hobbyists and storytellers”, the company said. The Nikon Z 50 Creators Kit will be available starting Thursday, May 21 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $1,149.95
The Nikon Z 50 Creator’s Kit includes:
- Nikon Z 50 camera body – The compact and lightweight Nikon Z 50 mirrorless camera offers 4K Ultra HD capture, 1080p slow-motion capture, and in-camera time-lapses and creative filters. The Z 50 is equipped with a 3.2-inch flip-down LCD screen for simple framing, and built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for easy sharing.
- NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens – The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, the smallest and lightest NIKKOR Z lens that captures the sweet spot of the zoom range for video.
- SmallRig Vlogging Mounting Plate – The low-profile mounting plate relocates and adds an additional tripod thread (1/4”- 20 mount) to let users easily use the flip-down LCD screen for selfie-style video and vlogging, while multiple accessories can be used with the side-mounted cold shoe.
- Joby GorillaPod 3K – The pod provides extended reach whether capturing selfies or livestreaming, plus it can be used as a compact tripod.
- RØDE VideoMicro Microphone – The compact microphone attaches to the Z 50’s hot shoe or the SmallRig bracket to capture audio.
- Nikon Travel Kit Bag with convertible straps
- Free access to Nikon School Online Class – “Creator’s Mindset: Creating Video Content with the Z 50” from Kitty Peters
“The new Nikon Z 50 Creator’s Kit puts a mirrorless camera and the most popular must-have accessories in the hands of creators looking to capture and share stories in a unique way,” said Jay Vannatter, Executive Vice President, Nikon Inc. “We are providing the means for creators to share their creativity through rich content creation, whether you are an artist, a director, a foodie, a portrait maker, a fashion designer or anyone streaming to their friends or fans.”
The Z 50 Creator’s Kit is also ready to be used as a webcam through the use of optional third-party video capture software such as Ecamm Live (Mac) or Sparkocam (Windows) through USB or through third-party hardware such as Elgato Camlink, AVerMedia ExtremeCap UVC-BU110, etc.