“Darkroom is a powerful photo and video editor whose interface is as beautiful as it is easy to use. It delivers great performance with super-intuitive controls and a layout that both casual and pro photographers can truly appreciate. With Apple technologies including photo and camera APIs, Home Screen quick actions, contextual menus, and haptics, Darkroom is a shining example of a high-end mobile editing tool.”
- Other apps earning awards were:Looom, developed by iorama.studio, is an animation playground that takes inspiration from music creation tools.
- Shapr3D, from Shapr3D Zartkoruen Mukodo Reszvenytarsasag, is a powerful CAD app for iPad that has the potential to drastically transform the architectural and technical drawing workflow.
- StaffPad, from StaffPad Ltd., brilliantly converts handwritten musical notations into digital sheet music.
- “Sayonara Wild Hearts,” a game from developer Simogo and publisher Annapurna Interactive, has been lauded for outstanding design since its launch.
- “Sky: Children of the Light,” from thatgamecompany, has players flying across sweeping landscapes in a magical kingdom to help celestial beings find their way back to the heavens.
- “Song of Bloom,” from indie developer Philipp Stollenmayer, is a unique game with a nonlinear tale packed with clever puzzles.
- “Where Cards Fall,” from developer The Game Band and publisher Snowman, is a slice-of-life adventure game in which players build houses of cards to bring formative memories to life.