NEW YORK, Aug. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Aura Frames — a line of high-design smart WiFi frames that helps people get photos off their phones into their homes and share memories with loved ones — today announced the release of its new Stardust and Slate frames and expansion into big-box retailer Best Buy, after experiencing 240% year-over-year growth in its private social network.
Stardust and Slate are the latest evolution of Aura’s design language, spearheaded by Chief Creative Officer Scott Chapps — a design veteran who has worked with notable innovators such as Casper and AllBirds. Both frames feature:
- Crisp, simple geometry with 360-degree appeal: The new design frees the frames up to be sleek, standalone desktop items, rather than wall decorations.
- Improved gesture accuracy: With design improvements to the popular gesture sensor, you can change photos with a wave of your hand more easily than ever.
- Same quality, more accessible price point: Stardust and Slate are now available for $299.
“In creating a smart frame for the modern consumer, we learned a valuable lesson: People aren’t hanging their Aura Frames; they’re displaying them free-standing on a desk or shelf. So we went back to the drawing board and rewrote Aura’s design language. We built Stardust and Slate to be intuitive to set up and beautiful from all angles — even the back, a part of the frame most manufacturers neglect,” said Chief Creative Officer Scott Chapps.
“Many people joined social media to see photos of family and friends, but due to their memories being sold to the highest bidder, we see people shying away from sharing. There’s a lack of alternatives for where to share the thousands of photos on your smartphone — which is why our user base has grown over 200% in the past year. Stardust and Slate advance our mission to help people create more intimate connections with their loved ones by sharing unlimited photos in real-time — elegantly and no social network required,” said Jonathan Harris, President of Aura Frames. “Today, 3.5 million photos are shared each day across all Aura Frames, with 3.7 family members per frame. We expect that number to continue to grow as people seek platforms to connect the thousands of photos on their camera rolls in a more private way.”
Stardust and Slate will have the same innovative technology as Aura’s premium line-up, including:
Easy-to-use app: Simply choose your photos and they’ll appear on your frame like magic, wherever it is in the world. No memory cards required.
- Facial recognition: Aura automatically creates collections with your photos of the people you love most. It even collects your best photos of your furry friends.
- Smart selection: Take advantage of Aura’s unique ability to automatically pick your best photos of your favorite people and send them to your frame as fast as you take them.
- Automatically send new photos to your frame as you take them. Aura displays only your best photos — avoiding duplicates and blurry photos.
- Gesture control: Not in the mood for that photo? Don’t have the app nearby? Change photos with the wave of a hand. Love a photo? Just swipe to “heart” and let the photographer know.
Aura is creating a new category of smart frames using machine learning and designed by some of the top creative engineers in the world — all connected to an app that allows friends and family to instantly send new and existing memories directly to the frame, anywhere, any time. Aura delivers where all other picture frames fall short: delivering happiness every day.
The Stardust and Slate frames can be ordered today at https://auraframes.com/order for $299. To continue its rapid growth, Aura is more widely available and can now be found in select Best Buy locations around the country.
Aura Frames is an innovator in the smart home decor category. By marrying high-end design with cutting-edge technology, Aura’s smart frame will fundamentally change the way you experience photography by magically gathering photos that you care about from your family and displaying them in beautiful frames. For more information, visit https://auraframes.com.