Blackmagic Design announced the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2, a next-generation model of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 includes an adjustable touchscreen screen for easier framing of shots, a larger battery for longer shooting without needing to charge or change batteries, as well as support for an optional electronic viewfinder. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 has the latest Blackmagic generation 5 color science and retains the popular cinematic Super 35 HDR image sensor with 13 stops of dynamic range, dual native ISO and EF lens mount from the previous model.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 is available immediately for US$1,995.
The elegant design of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is made from lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite, featuring a multifunction handgrip with all controls for recording, ISO, WB and shutter angle right at customers’ fingertips. Featuring a larger 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor and EF lens mount, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 lets customers use larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field, allowing creative defocused backgrounds and gorgeous bokeh effects, the company says.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a large, bright 5-inch touchscreen that makes it easy for customers to frame shots and accurately focus. On-screen overlays show status and record parameters, histogram, focus peaking indicators, levels, frame guides and more. The Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 LCD monitor is a more advanced display that can be tilted up and down so it’s easy to monitor a shot from any position.
“Since the release of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, customers have been asking for some of the features to be added to the 6K model,” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO. “We’ve been able to achieve even greater manufacturing efficiencies which means that we are now able to release this new 6K model which adds an adjustable LCD touchscreen, larger longer battery life, support for the OLED viewfinder and improved on-screen menus. We are excited to be offering these additional features that have been so popular with customers!”
BLACKMAGIC POCKET CINEMA CAMERA 6K G2 FEATURES
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- 6144 x 3456 sensor with 13 stops and dual native ISO up to 25,600.
- Compatible with a wide range of popular EF lenses.
- Up to 25,600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Adjustable LCD screen.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science.
- Optional Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF.
- Professional mini XLR inputs with 48 volt phantom power.
- Larger NP-F570 battery, optional Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Pro Grip.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.