Epson introduced the SureColor – V7000, the company’s first UV flatbed printer designed for printing outdoor signage, promotional goods, and more. Capable of printing on a variety of rigid substrates up to 3-inches thick, the new Epson UV flatbed printer is a flexible, reliable, entry-level flatbed solution, the company says.
“The SureColor V7000 was specifically designed to address common pain points of flatbed printer customers – quality, productivity, and price – and allow print service providers to expand their business offerings with an affordable solution,” said Matt McCausland, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The new UV flatbed printer offers high-end printing technologies, with a unique Red ink never before seen in an entry-level flatbed printer and provides an easy and cost-effective option for print shops looking to expand from roll-to-roll printing to flatbed printing.”
The SureColor V7000 features 10-color UltraChrome UV Ink, including vivid Red Ink, Gray, opaque White Ink, and eye-catching varnish and can produce color or 3 layer prints with little difference in production speeds by leveraging eight MicroPiezo printheads. The printhead alignment has been engineered to deliver variable droplets and accurate placement. The printhead also includes a new circulation system for White ink to limit sedimentation and preserve printhead nozzle integrity.
Designed with ease-of-use in mind, the SureColor V7000 offers several usability features, including a pin registration system for quick loading and easy media alignment, a multi-zone vacuum system to keep materials securely in place, and automatic thickness adjustment to instantly accommodate media up to 3-inches thick. The SureColor V7000 will include the new Epson Edge Print workflow software featuring an Adobe PostScript 3 engine for layout and print management, color management and workflow integration.
More about the SureColor V7000
- Multi-Vacuum Zones – Four print zones easily hold media in place for increased productivity, accuracy, and efficiency; no taping required
- Media Thickness up to 3-inches – Printer automatically detects and adjusts to accommodate media up to 3-inches thick for virtually endless printing possibilities
- Rigid Printing – Prints directly onto rigid substrates, foam board, wood, acrylic, metal, and more
- Built-in Ionizer – Removes static electricity for enhanced durability and reliability
- White Ink and Varnish – Allows for rich, high-quality prints on a variety of materials, including wood, metal and glass, print glossy finishes, textures, and more
The Epson SureColor V7000 will be available in January 2021 for less than $100,000 (MSRP) through select authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers.