The Felix Schoeller Photo Award juries, on Aug. 26, chose finalists in the “Best Work by an Emerging Photographer” and “German Peace Prize for Photography”, categories. The winners of both categories will be announced during the official award ceremony on Oct. 2. 2021, in Osnabrück, Germany.
The jury for the ‘Best Emerging Photographer’ category consisted of portrait photographer Michael Dannenmann (jury chairman, DGPh), the photography expert and art advisor Simone Klein (DGPh board member), the gallery owner Clara Maria Sels and Nils-Arne Kässens, director of the Museumsquartier Osnabrück. For the German Peace Prize for Photography, the jury was supplemented by Osnabrück peace researcher Prof. Dr. Ulrich Schneckener.
The nominees in the category ‘Best Emerging Photographer’ are
- Reyad Abedin – ‘The name of my city is dust and smoke and life’
- Marcos Azulay – ‘A-Dios
- Axel Javier Sulzbacher – ‘Cheran’, Village of resistance
- Arne Piepke – ‘Anecdotes from an unfamiliar land’
- Shirin Abedi – ‘May I have this dance?’
The following were nominated for the ‘German Peace Prize for Photography’
- Antonio Aragon Renuncio – ‘I wanna be Messi’
- Reto Klar – ‘Life between home and hell: Refugees in Camp Moria on Lesbos’
- Ako Salemi – ‘Afghanistan: The Color Awakens’
- Emeke Obanor – ‘Heroes’
- Hamed Sodachi – ‘Sunrise’
All nominees will attend the stream to this event, which will be broadcasted simultaneously in German and in English. The recording will take place in the premises of the Kulturgeschichtliches Museum, which is part of the Museumsquartier Osnabrück, MQ4.
On Oct. 3, 2021, the exhibition “Winners & Nominees 2021” will be opened in the Kulturgeschichtliches Museum, Osnabrück. The works of the winners and the nominees of both categories will be on display there Une 2, 2022.