Rumors and interesting items from around the internet
- Organize your catastrophic digital photo library, via PopScience
- US drone ban puts lives at risk, says DJI, via Inside Imaging
Apps and updates
- Canon has released a new version of its EOS Utility, restoring compatibility with macOS Catalina version 10.15.2 and higher.
- Nikon announces two firmware updates for Z-series cameras includes Animal-Detection AF Plus
Tech Trends to watch
- New 2020 Photo Print Product Survey provides valuable insights for tackling major photo product industry challenges, via Hans Hartman, chair of Visual 1st
- OmniVision announces 64-Megapixel, 0.8 micron image sensor
- Octopus AIM VCT 2 plc, managed by Octopus Investments Limited announced final results, for the year ended Nov. 30, 2019, via press release. The report included announcing further qualifying investments of £0.2 million into UK photo book app company Popsa Holdings Ltd.
- Inter-State Studio and Publishing Co. is looking for a Sales & Marketing Specialist to join the team in Sedalia, MO.
- Smartphoto in Wetteren, Belgium, is looking for an online marketing coordinator.
- Want to work for Shutterfly and live in Minnesota? Dozens of positions are listed here.
- Fotomerchant is looking for software engineers
People on the Move
- Jon Oringer is stepping down after 16 years as chairman and CEO of Shutterstock, effective April 1. Stan Pavlovsky, the current president and COO, will become CEO.
- Helen Vaid, former general manager of Snapfish and current Global Chief Customer Officer for Pizza Hut, was named to the board of Groupon.