Rumours and interesting items from around the internet
- Investment in Benny Landa‘s latest printing venture, Landa Digital Printing, reaches $800 million, according to PrintWeek.
- Vivid-Pix Restore, featuring its new metadata tagging feature, is the subject of the latest Photo Detective podcast.
- Homegrown S.F. print-on-demand startup, Printify, looks to shift operations to the Baltics, via BizJournals
- Canon celebrates production of 100 million EOS-Series interchangeable-lens cameras
App and software updates
- Mimeo Photos was updated to its desktop photobook maker version 3.8 this morning, ensuring compatibility with MacOS Catalina. DPS readers can get a 15% discount until Oct. 31 by using code, “CATALINA”.
- Adobe introduces Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020
- Capture One partners with LOOKSLIKEFILM for signature looks
- Digital memory-keeping service Forever has added 10×10 photobooks to its output offerings.
- Lightricks updates FaceTune2 to include cosmetic filters from BoxyCharm, via Next Reality.
- The Pixelmator Team released Pixelmator Pro 1.5 Avalon, adding support for macOS Catalina, machine-learning powered noise removal powered by Core ML, and brings significant performance improvements.
- DuetCam 1.1 update brings front-and-back video recording to newer iPhones
- Facebook launched Threads from Instagram, a new camera-first messaging app.
- Ricoh Imaging released the third firmware update, v1.30, for the GR III. This update adds cross-processing functionality, similar to what is available in Pentax DSLRs, and additional button customization options.
Tech developments to watch
- Shutterfly says Illinois biometric law doesn’t cover online photos, via Law360
- Samsung ends mobile phone production in China, via Reuters
People on the Move