- Lifetouch National School Studios filed a WARN notice with the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, explaining the company will permanently close its Chattanooga, TN, facility. The permanent closure begins Dec.13, 2019 and continues until Feb. 28, 2020; 152 workers will be idled.
- PicMonkey offers paid internships for college students in the Her Campus Community
- Mediaclip to offer scholarships and mentoring for the Fairy Marines Project
- PastBook wins the Deloitte Technology Fast50 2019 for the Media & Entertainment Sector – At the 20th edition of the Deloitte Technology Fast50 award ceremony, PastBook won the category award as the #1 fastest growing technology company in the Media & Entertainment sector and made it to the top #3 of the entire competition ranking, with a turnover growth of 4623%.
App and software updates
- India photo app Picsy has added canvas to its output options, via press release. The app already makes photo books, photo calendars and prints.
- Skylum announces Luminar 4 AI enhancements Nov. 18
- Adobe updates Creative Cloud desktop application: It has been redesigned, from the ground up, to be a more intuitive way to access your apps, update them, and discover new apps that complement or extend your creativity, the company says.
- Google Photos giving iPhone unlimited storage at original quality while snubbing Pixel 4, via iMore
- YouCam reveals the 2019 augmented reality Halloween costume makeup collection
- VueScan 9.7 allows older scanners to run on MacOS Catalina
- Apple update of iOS 13 has impacted the Wi-Fi connection with the FUJIFILM Camera Remote on some smartphones.
- MacXDVD rolls out support for macOS Catalina on DVD converting solution
Tech developments to watch
People on the Move
- NAPCO Media appoints Frank Tueckmantel as EVP, Business Development, via Printing Impressions.
- Photobox hires former JustEat boss, Peter Plumb, as chair, via the Belfast Telegraph.