Rumours and interesting items from around the internet
- Photobox appoints eight&four as creative and media agency, via ProlificLondon. The agency aims to enhance Photobox’s presence amongst mums with younger children with a focus on building awareness that the 100’s of pictures taken on smartphones can easily be transformed into gifts and keepsakes.
- Largan sues HP, two Taiwanese rivals for patent infringements, via FocusTaiwan
- The Problem with Camera Reviews by YouTubers, via PetaPixel
- Sony has announced it’s reorganizing and renaming its image sensor business, via DP Review
- Kodak Moments Photo Paper Earns Prestigious FSC Certification, via CSRwire
App and software updates
- ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020 release includes dozens of new features, including name suggestion feature to Face Detection and Facial Recognition tool; the ability to embed ACDSee face data in images; produce HDR images and more.
- Halide, the popular camera app for iOS, added a tactile lens switcher to version 1.14.
- DJI updates Ronin-S with ActiveTrack 3.0, Force Mobile, Auto 3D Roll 360 modes, via CameraJabber
- Google Photos now lets you manage your smart display with ‘Photo frames’, via AndroidCentral
- HDRtist NX 2.1 is a minor update to their flagship High Dynamic Range Imaging software product for the macOS operating system. Version 2.1 focuses on improving color rendering, single RAW support and integration with Apple’s “Photos” organizing software.
- Pixelmator Team announces Pixelmator Pro upgrade program and discount
Tech developments to watch
People on the Move