New Capabilities Include Easy Ordering Process Between In-Store and Online Channels, Expanded Specialty Printing Services and More than 150 New Frames Fit for Every Home Décor Aesthetic
IRVING, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Michaels Companies, Inc., the largest arts and crafts retail chain in North America, today unveils new custom framing capabilities designed to deliver a more convenient customer experience when customizing photos and artwork, both online and in-store nationwide. Additionally, more than 150 new frame offerings – bringing the total offered at Michaels to more than 400 – provide consumers even more solutions to frame those special memories, making it easier than ever to mat and hang photos, custom creations or prized possessions in fresh, fun and unique ways.
Michaels is one of the only custom framing solutions that allows customers the opportunity to shop the way that works best for them – online, in-store or both – and placing an order for your custom frame is easier than ever. Depending on your shopping preference, the process works in one of two ways:
- For those shopping in-store, drop into the nearest Michaels store and visit the Aaron Brothers Custom Framing counter or reserve an appointment online in advance. Get one-on-one personalized attention through expert consultations to design and prepare your artwork or photo for framing with the option to pick up the finished product in-store or get it shipped to your doorstep.
- For those shopping online, simply upload your photos and customize your display with different frame and mat options. Use free pre-paid shipping materials to send your art to Michaels custom framing experts, with the option to either have the finished product shipped to your doorstep or to your closest store.
Also now launching in-store nationwide is the ability to print photos on new surfaces, including metal (matte and glass), acrylic, acrylic standoff, wood (natural and white) and canvas. This provides more opportunities to get creative in how to display artwork in a way that truly brings it to life like never before.
“Michaels has long been recognized as a one-stop framing shop for in-store and online shoppers. Now with a wider assortment of printing options and refreshed frame offerings, we are providing more inspiration and opportunities than ever before to present and share those special memories in new and meaningful ways,” said Steve Carlotti, Michaels Executive Vice President of Marketing. “Our more than 150 new frame offerings reflect not only what’s on-trend, but trend-forward in the home décor space. With so many ways to order, print and ship your masterpieces, Michaels offers something for everyone’s impeccable tastes.”
Michaels three updated custom framing collections each feature a unique design identity, including:
- Rustic Casual: Featuring natural finishes and laid-back style, this collection brings the farmhouse look to life for an added charm to any aesthetic.
- Classic Elegance: Comprised of timeless, elegant frames, these offerings are the ideal match for artwork with its own personality, such as sketches and watercolors.
- Modern Simplicity: With lean lines and gallery good looks, this collection offers the perfect solution for allowing artwork (such as photos and art prints) to stand all on their own.
In addition to these three new collections, television personalities and home design experts Drew and Jonathan Scott also carefully curated 22 new additions to Scott Living™ custom frames, available exclusively at Aaron Brothers Framing within Michaels. As unique and stylish as the brothers themselves, the new frame options within the collection feature natural and gray tones that perfectly complement a light or neutral home aesthetic. New mouldings consist of veneer, metal, barnwood, shadow boxes and more.
“Collaborating with Michaels to further diversify Scott Living custom frame offerings means that there are more ways our customers can get creative,” shared Jonathan Scott. Drew Scott added, “The quality finishes we offer serve as a beautiful backdrop and aesthetic to set the mood and provide the final touch to any displayed art or memento.”
To learn more about Michaels expanded custom frame options available online and in-store, visit Aaronbrothers.com. For a list of store locations, visit Michaels.com or download the Michaels app.
About The Michaels Companies, Inc.:
The Michaels Companies, Inc. is North America’s largest specialty provider of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall décor, and seasonal merchandise for Makers and do-it-yourself home decorators. The Company operates more than 1,200 Michaels stores in 49 states and Canada. Additionally, the Company serves customers through a variety of digital platforms including Michaels.com, consumercrafts.com and aaronbrothers.com. The Michaels Companies, Inc., also owns Artistree, a manufacturer of high-quality custom and specialty framing merchandise, and Darice, a premier wholesale distributor in the craft, gift and decor industry. For a list of store locations or to shop online, visit www.michaels.com or download the Michaels app.