OM System announced the OM SYSTEM OM5 Camera, featuring a 20.4MP BSI Live MOS Sensor and TruePic IX Image Processor built into a durable magnesium-alloy body weighing less than a pound with a battery and memory card included. The OM-5 camera has a new image processor, updated and improved weather construction, and improved body and Sync IS. Handheld High Res Shot has been added, as has Live ND mode. Interval mode exposure smoothing, Starry Sky AF, Custom AF Target Mode, MF Assist Focus Indicator, Movie Picture Mode (OM-Log), and Vertical Video are just some of the features that have been added.
The OM-5 features in-body 5-axis image stabilization to alleviate up to 6.5 stops of camera shake, and Sync IS allowing for up to 7.5 stops, allowing long shutter speeds when shooting handheld. This new addition benefits DCI and UHD 4k video recording, the former utilizing a true 24p frame rate, and all with no recording limit.
- 20.4MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor
- TruePic IX Image Processor
- 2.36m-Dot Eye-Level OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- DCI 4K/24p & UHD 4K/30p Video Recording
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 30 fps Shooting, ISO 200-25600
- 121-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF
- High-Res Shot, Live ND & Composite Modes
- Weather-Sealed Construction