SiOnyx, a leader in infrared imaging technology, announced the SiOnyx Pro, the second generation of their HD color day/night action video camera. Unveiled at SHOT Show, the Pro expands on SiOnyx’s patented ultra-low-light sensor technology with upgraded imaging abilities and the ability to utilize an augmented reality software update.
The $799 Pro offers night vision for a wide range of uses including hunting, shooting sports, boating, fishing, hiking, law enforcement and more. Features include:
- Second generation SiOnyx XQE sensor with over 2x improvement in night time performance
- 3x improved 940 nm sensitivity for near-infrared (NIR) illuminator applications
- AR with features designed for team sports and maritime navigation aids (will also be available for Gen. 1 Aurora customers via a firmware upgrade)
- Improved low distortion lens with wider field of view
- Support for SD cards up to 256GB
“The Pro is our most powerful and advanced camera to date, improving upon our existing high-performing digital night vision technology to enable the super-human ability to see in the dark,” said Stephen Saylor, CEO of SiOnyx. “With the addition of AR capabilities for situational awareness, you can move through the dark more confidently, whether you’re a sailor navigating out of a port at first light, an AirSoft player coordinating with a teammate across the field, or a law enforcement officer in the line of duty.”
The Pro joins the lineup of existing SiOnyx cameras. Last year, SiOnyx released the Sport as an entry-level version of the camera. The Pro provides advanced high caliber optics technology for those who are interested/in need of the enhanced features.