Rumours and interesting items from around the internet
- Octopus AIM VCT plc, managed by Octopus Investments Limited, announced making an unspecified small follow-on investment into European photobook company Popsa. The company reported it “invested alongside several other institutions in this round and have increased the valuation of the company in line with the latest round.”
- Martech success requires big-picture vision with Mike Berry, head of marketing technology at Shutterfly, via CMSwire
- Global mobile photo printer market to grow 5.5%: TMR research
App and software updates
- ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is now available
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019 for Mac now supports macOS Catalina and Sidecar
- DxO announced DxO PhotoLab 3, with its completely redesigned HSL color adjustment feature, optimized Repair Tool, and brand-new Local Adjustments Masks Manager.
Tech developments to watch
- VR/AR startup valuations reach $45 billion (on paper), via Tim Merel at TechCrunch
- OmniVision announces Guinness World Record for the smallest image sensor and new miniature camera module for disposable medical applications. The OV6948 has a size of 0.575mm x 0.575mm.