As the fourth quarter gets underway, some major photo apps are getting in some updates. Following are some highlights of some popular apps:
Android Police reports Google Photos has added customized page layouts to its photobook offerings. Previously, page layouts were limited to one photo per page. “You can add up to four photos to each page and choose how those photos are arranged. Not only does this allow for more creative presentations in photo books, but it also means you can squeeze more pictures into fewer pages. The option currently isn’t available in the Google Photos app, so if you want to make some collage books, you’ll have to do it from your browser.”
InstaSize from Munkee added some new editing features:
- NEW FILTERS – The Quartz Collection, our first set of filters created to give your edits a more branded look! Instantly add vibrancy and brightness to dark/dull images, enhance warmer hues and balance cool tones.
- NEW BORDER PACK: Autumn – Fall is officially here! Our latest border pack is begging to be paired with all of your upcoming Fall photos!
- New “Choose Format” editing screen for quicker editing
- New Library flow
- Have a general question or concern? Contact our support team at: email@example.com
- Want to get featured on our Instagram feed? Tag us in your uploaded content! (@instasize.official) #InstasizeCreatives
- New products just in time for the Holidays!
- Tiny Prints luxe cards collection, with unique designs and styles to dazzle your friends and family!
- Art Filters! Apply beautiful filters to your photos to turn them into works of art – only on the app!
- Get a free photo book a month, for everyday moments and memories!
Organization app Mylio has released a major update to its desktop image organizing app (see screenshot above), including a revised modern UI. Here’s list of other changes:
- Mylio has gone to Dark mode! Our most popular way to view Mylio is now the default with a new interface.
- Make your first run into Mylio easier with an updated Setup Wizard.
- Simple import from SD Card and Camera options.
- Integrate your Calendar with Mylio. Let us do the heavy lifting with getting things sorted into events you already have in your life calendars.
- See more inside Your Mylio World, Notifications, Devices, and customizable statistical views with a new Dashboard.
- Create Vaults to house all your original memories, making syncing easier to manage while protecting what matters most.
- Auto-optimize image quality to take up a fraction of the space on your devices, but look just as great!
- Updated Rating Bar allows for you to easily tag photos with star ratings, color labels, and flags. You can even pin your “Photo of the Day”.
- Filter and sort your currently viewed folder or album with custom criteria.
- Maps can now be viewed in full screen!
- Export images with your watermarks from mobile.
- Batch Tag faces to find the people most important to you in your library.
- Added RAW support for the following cameras: Sony RX100 VI, Sony A7 MIII.