Rumours and interesting items from around the internet
- Shutterfly sent improper arbitration email, says class-action suit, via Law360.
- Just a filter doesn’t cut it anymore,’ says Glo Up Club founder, via Yahoo Finance
Pro photography news
- It’s crunch time for Seattle-based photo giant Getty Images, and for photographers, via the Seattle Times: “With its vast archive of more than 350 million images, a stable of award-winning photojournalists, and annual revenues of nearly $1 billion, Seattle-based Getty Images may be the most dominant player in the picture business. It is also, arguably, the most controversial.”
- Anvy Digital, a Calgary, Alberta Canada-based large-format specialty print service provider, experiences increased revenue with the Inca SpyderX, a wide format UV digital inkjet flatbed printer distributed exclusively throughout North America by Fujifilm, via press release.
- Conlin’s Print drives digital success with second EFI printer, a VUTEk h3, via press release
- Vistaprint concludes database investigation, via Advertising Specialty Institute. The global e-commerce seller says the database contained information relating to less than 30,000 customers.
App and software updates
- Nikon released Windows updates for all of their software packages, via Nikon Rumors
- Google Photos app has added private photo album sharing.
- Phase One launches Capture One 20
People on the Move
- West Canadian DI names Karen Brookman president, CEO
- TNG Digital’s marketing lead Hew Lee Yee joins Photobook Worldwide as CMO, via Marketing Interactive
- CEWE CFO Olaf Holzkaemper was awarded the CFO of the Year 2019 by FINANCE-magazin