CleverFiles announces the release of Disk Drill 4 for Windows. Disk Drill can scan and recover more than 400 file types with the press of a single button, straight from the computer or an external drive. Files can be recovered whole, or reconstructed in the event of a damaged drive. Disk Drill can successfully recover lost and deleted data from a computer’s internal disk as well as external drives, memory cards, digital cameras, and more, the company claims. The program can restore files from an emptied Recycle Bin as well as data resident on a formatted disk or partition. Disk Drill can even recover data that has been encrypted with the Windows BitLocker encryption feature, says CleverFiles.
The data recovery utility scans a hard drive — and any external drives connected to it — to retrieve and reconstruct lost files. Thanks to exceptionally thorough scanning and vast signature support, it returns a trove of results that you can narrow down with advanced filters.
- Improved Scan Results — advanced scanning algorithms identify and reconstruct deleted files in more than 400 different file formats.
- Vast File Format Support — scanning algorithms can reconstruct files in more than 400 different file formats: The HFS/HFS+/HFSX, FAT/FAT32/exFAT, EXT3/EXT4, and NTFS/NTFS5 file systems.
- Storage Device Support — the application supports a wide array of disk-based storage devices: external drives, USB drives, memory cards, SD cards, as well as DSK, BIN, DAT, RAW, DD, and VMDK disk image formats that can be scanned for lost data.
- Data Protection — Recovery Vault works like an augmented Recycle Bin and offers a fast method of recovering accidentally deleted files without the time required for a disk scan. Users can select which folders to protect or exclude from protection with Recovery Vault.
- Disk Backup — sector-by-sector disk backup can be used for recovering data without putting additional stress on a damaged or failing disk. This feature offers the best chance of retrieving data from a defective storage device before it becomes completely unusable.
- Mount Scan Results as Disk — all recoverable data can be mounted as a virtual drive right in Windows Explorer dramatically improving recovery results verification.
Downloading the trial version of Disk Drill 4 for Windows, the customer can recover 500MB of data before purchasing the Pro version for $89 at cleverfiles.com/disk-drill-windows. With a purchase of Disk Drill PRO for Windows, the customer also gets a license letting them use Disk Drill for macOS.