Epson America announced its first 76-inch industrial-level dye-sublimation solution – the SureColor® F10070. Designed to offer reliability, versatility and round-the-clock productivity at a low total cost of ownership, the $89,995 SureColor F10070 features four 4.7-inch PrecisionCore printheads and a new hot-swappable ink system. The printer delivers continuous roll-to-roll performance at production speeds up to 2,700 sqft/hr, the company says.
“This year we’ve seen a need for businesses to alter production plans to better accommodate smaller orders and quicker turnaround times to meet changing consumer demands,” said Tim Check, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “The new high-performance SureColor F10070 provides an efficient and cost-effective dye-sublimation solution for print shops looking to produce medium to large high-quality apparel runs and bid on incoming textile orders from businesses that sell direct to consumer. Moreover, the SureColor F10070 supports onshoring production needs in today’s marketplace to help shorten lead times, decrease costs and streamline workflows.”
The SureColor F10070 features user-replaceable 4.7-inch PrecisionCore printheads and is the first Epson printer to feature a hot-swappable ink system that automatically switches from an empty ink pack to a new ink pack mid-print for uninterrupted printing. The new ink system reduces overall ink cost by over 50 percent, the company claims, and allows for longer print runs without user intervention. Touting a redesigned 9-inch touchscreen control panel, SureColor F10070 operators can see the image printing, monitor print, paper, and ink status, as well as understand environmental conditions for optimized print performance.
More about the SureColor F10070
- Productivity — Four 4.7-inch PrecisionCore printheads deliver industrial-level, roll-to-roll performance at speeds up to 2,700 sqft/hr
- Image Quality — High-density Black ink produces exceptional color saturation and high contrast
- Workflow — Powerful Epson Edge workflow software featuring an Adobe PostScript 3 Engine
- Performance — Advanced auto paper-tension control and fabric head wiper enable simple, continuous production
- More Ink; Less downtime — Low-cost, high-capacity replaceable ink pack system holds up to 20 Liters of ink per color, which allows for longer print runs without user intervention
- Performance Optimized Epson DS Transfer Paper — Multipurpose, Rigid Photo Optimized, Adhesive Textile, and Production papers available
- Turnkey Solution, Fully Supported by Epson – Includes one-year onsite warranty; extended service plans available