GoPro, Inc. announced a new firmware update for its HERO9 Black flagship making it compatible with the company’s new ruggedized, waterproof, Bluetooth $79.95 remote named, The Remote. It is currently available in North America only with a worldwide release coming in Feb. 2021.
HERO9 Black’s new v1.5 firmware also includes:
- Up to 30% faster wireless transfer of content from the camera to the GoPro app
- Improved HyperSmooth 3.0 performance in cold temperatures
- A slo-mo shortcut slider button
- Improved GPS accuracy
- Support for live streaming with the Max Lens Mod, bringing Max HyperSmooth and SuperView plus in-camera horizon-lock to live streaming
- Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter support for those wanting to use external mics in lieu of the Media Mod for HERO9 Black
Firmware updates are also available today for HERO8 Black and GoPro MAX increasing wireless transfer speeds by up to 15% and 20%, respectively, and provide compatibility with The Remote.
The Remote is a rugged smartwatch-size accessory that can be mounted to anything from a user’s wrist to a gear strap, handlebar, or rollbar. It is waterproof to 16 feet, features a large status display and glove-friendly buttons. The Remote enables convenient control of the most-used camera functions, including powering on and off, mode changing and shutter button control.
The Remote can control up to five GoPro cameras simultaneously from as far as 200 feet away.