New apps and updates
- Mediaclip releases v8.0 of renowned product personalization software
- Vivid-Pix announces adding metadata zoom/transcribe feature to its RESTORE software at Allen County Public Library
- Google Camera 6.3 preps ‘McFly mode,’ selfie tips, and Pixel 4 support [APK Insight], via 9to5Google
- Luminar FLEX plugin update includes interface and workflow enhancements
- Fotomerchant HV v1.31 has been released, introducing of Session Categories, as well as Product Options at the individual product level in a Package.
- Krome Photos has changed the pricing for services through its Krome Family App; Enhance orders are reduced to $4.99, and the new update allows downloading of previews. All other design requests will be priced at $9.99.
- Lablogics has updated Labworks photolab management software with a “pay now” feature.
- Insta360 has improved the dynamic stitching of its Insta360 EVO dual-lens 180-degree 3D and 360-degree camera
- Pinterest adds video tools for businesses, via Internet Retailing
ProCamera v12.3 is a major update, that brings the groundbreaking Auto Perspective Correct, ProCamera Up and edited version support.
- Photo organizing software Mylio has updated to version 3.5, featuring Spanish and German language, with improved sync software and notifications.
Rumours and reports from around the Internet:
- LensRentals posted a step-by-step disassembling of the Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM, via LensRentals.
- In Fight To Survive Mode, Kodak Is A Zombie Stock, via SeekingAlpha
- Film photography shows signs of revival among Japan’s youth, via JapanTimes
- Consolidation means opportunity in volume photography, via CaptureLife
- Four tips to create the perfect online personalization and photo gift store, via Taopix
- Quad announces partnership with direct-to-consumer ecosystem provider, via PrintingImpressions
- Noritsu America Corp. has acquired R&F Imaging Systems, a sales and service company for medical imaging equipment, via Healthcare Business.
Tech developments to watch
- These are the social media platforms teens are ditching in 2019, via BusinessInsider
People on the Move
- The Association for PRINT Technologies (APTech) is looking for nominations for its board of directors.