Rumours and interesting items from around the internet
- How a 32-year-old turned a high school yearbook idea into a $3.2 billion business, via CNBC
- George Eastman Museum breaks ground on new visitor center, entrance, via Rochester Business Journal
- GoPro becomes title sponsor for K1 Speed Challenge GP Race Series, via press release
Tech trends to watch
- OmniVision announces 48 MP sensor for smartphones
- Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz
- Artificial Intelligence: Cameras are getting smarter all the time, via Ron Eggers at DI Reporter.
- Largan begins shipping 8P lens modules, via DigiTimes
- 2019: The Year of the Face, by Paul Melcher, republished from Kaptur, via Hans Hartman
App and software updates
- Fotomerchant HV v1.37 is a minor release to Fotomerchant HV which includes changes to our Stripe payments integration.
- Smartphone-use lens module maker Largan Precision reported consolidated revenues of NT$5.099 billion (US$169 million) for December, decreasing 23.39% on month but increasing 58.04% on year, via DigiTimes
- Walgreens off to ‘soft start’ in new fiscal year, via Chain Store Age.
- Samsung Electronics announced its earnings guidance for the fourth quarter of 2019: Consolidated sales of pproximately 59 trillion Korean won and operating profit of approximately 7.1 trillion Korean won
People on the Move