Interesting items from around the web
- Gartner: 81% of CFOs intend to exceed contractual obligations during COVID-19 outbreak
- Video home tour requests soar nearly 500% in one week
Apps and updates
- Samsung Electronics will bring new photo features to the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note10 series through an upcoming software update, including Single Take mode, starting from March. This software update brings select Galaxy S20 photo and video experiences to the Galaxy S10 and Note10 series.
APPO 2020 Conference shifting to online format
Details are still forthcoming, but Cathi Nelson, founder and CEO of the Association of Professional Photo Organizers (APPO) has advised the 2020 National Conference will take place online, during the same timeframe, April 15-18, 2020.
Messe Berlin, IFA and CTLab have canceled CE WEEK NY 2020, which was scheduled to take place from June 10-11, 2020 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, NY., due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
People on the Move
- The Optical Society (OSA) announced Eric Fossum, PhD, inventor of CMOS sensors, was selected as the 2020 recipient of its Edwin Land Medal. Fossum invented the CMOS active pixel image sensor with intra-pixel charge transfer while at JPL, the basis for all modern CMOS image sensors.
- VSCO adds three new advisors
- Groupon names interim chief in management shakeup
- AlphaGraphics appoints Brad Swimmer to support strategic franchise growth
- Firefly Brand Management has licensed for “Bob Ross: The Joy Of Painting” to PicsArt for app content (themed stickers, backgrounds, templates, replay), via aNb
- Fujifilm has released firmware updates for its X-T30 and X-T3 camera systems, as well as its XF 16–80mm F4 R OIS WR lens.
- Want to work for Shutterfly and live in Minnesota? Dozens of positions are listed here.
- Fotomerchant is looking for software engineers
- Kodak Alaris has a number of open positions.