OM Digital Solutions Corp. announced the dustproof and shockproof OM SYSTEM TG-7, the latest addition to the OM SYSTEM Tough series, available in late September 2023. The $549.99 Tough TG-7’s underwater shooting modes complement its waterproof abilities up to fifteen meters, and it remains functional in freezing temperatures down to -10°C. The camera can be utilized with the PT-059 Underwater Housing (sold separately) for usability in depths of up to 45 meters. Its Field Sensor System automatically acquires location and environmental data, enhancing the shooting experience.
Beyond its Tough features, the TG-7 boasts an F2.0 high-speed zoom lens, RAW recording, and a 4x optical zoom lens with an F2.0 aperture for fast shutter speeds and reduced subject blur. The Variable Macro System allows close-up capabilities as close as 1 centimeter from the lens’s edge with a maximum image magnification of 7x, expanding macro photography boundaries. Additional features include a Construction Mode, accessories for system expansion, built-in GPS and sensors, support for vertical video, Pro Capture Mode, Interval Shooting with Time Lapse Movie generation and USB Type-C charging.
The camera offers close-up photography as close as 1cm from the lens’s edge and a maximum image magnification of 7x (35mm equivalent), alongside the Microscope Mode, Microscope Control Mode, Focus Stacking Mode, and Focus Bracketing Mode.
- Built-in GPS, air pressure, shooting direction, and temperature sensors. This model is equipped with a Field Sensor System that automatically acquires location information (latitude and longitude), temperature, water temperature, altitude (water depth), and shooting direction tracking data while traveling. Load this information into the OM Image Share (OI.Share) smartphone app to link and display the route traveled along with the altitude (water depth) in recorded images.
- Vertical video is also supported on this model, so videos recorded in vertical orientation on the camera are saved as vertical video files, making them easy to post on social media, etc. without the need for any editing software.
- Pro Capture Mode begins recording from 0.5 seconds before the full shutter press and continues sequential shooting at 10 fps, making it convenient for capturing shots that are difficult to time, such as flying insects and a milk drop coronet.
- Interval Shooting supports up to 299 shots. After shooting is complete, a Time Lapse Movie is automatically generated. In interval shooting, users can set shooting interval priority and exposure equalization processing to deal with sudden changes in exposure between frames.
- Equipped with a USB Type-C terminal, charging the battery is possible within the camera body.
- The RM-WR1 Wireless Remote Control enables remote shooting and features IP57 protection class dustproof and splashproof performance. The power-saving design is achieved via Bluetooth® Low Energy communication6.
- This camera is capable of capturing images that comply with Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism digital photo management information standards, utilizing the touch setting “CALS/CALS H.”
- The Tough TG-7 is equipped with a Construction mode.