Sony Electronics announces ZV-1 II ultra wide-angle zoom vlogging camera
Sony Electronics launches the second-generation camera to the ZV-1 in the vlog camera ZV series, the ZV-1 II, which includes a wider-angle lens.
The ZV-1 II has a 1.0-type Exmor RS image sensor (approximately 20.1 effective megapixels), BIONZ X image processing engine, and newly developed ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 18-50 mm F1.8-4 lens.
“The ZV-1 II is an exciting chapter for content creators and will be the go-to camera for many, including vloggers, social media influencers and short-form video creators. With the newest vlog camera in the ZV series, we have taken requests from various users and included features that matter most to vloggers,” says Yang Cheng, Vice President, Imaging Solutions, Sony Electronics Inc. “We are striving to take feedback from our community to continue to expand and elevate our ZV series and the ZV-1 II does just that.”
Comprehensive Features for Vloggers & Video Content Creators
The ZV-1 II has a number of features that will empower creators to capture better content.
- Ultra-wide angle and Zoom – The 18-50mm optical zoom and the Clear Image Zoom smoothly enlarge images while minimizing loss of image quality to create variety in videos by changing the angle of view.
- 1.0 type sensor with Bokeh Switch which gives beautiful bokeh by defocusing the background with a single touch.
- Intelligent 3-capsule microphone – In Auto mode, the camera recognizes human faces or objects and automatically switches the direction of the built-in microphone ([Front] or [All Directions]). In Manual mode, you can select [Front] for selfies, [Rear] when shooting with narration or [All Directions]. The supplied windscreen ensures a clear recording of the speaker when outdoors. Easy to use cableless attachment to Multi Interface Shoe and a 3.5 mm microphone jack makes it easy to connect external microphones.
- Cinematic Vlog Setting function responds to the demands to easily capture videos with a filmic look. It enables impressive imagery at a touch. Simply tap the on-screen function icon and the camera will automatically set a CinemaScope size (2.35:1) and a frame rate of 24 fps –the same as for a cinema movie. Then finish off the work with the on-screen buttons to select from five LOOKs and four MOODs
- Creative Look which supports 10 preset looks to suit your creative preferences and pro-level imaging features.
- Face Priority AE and Soft Skin Effect automatically and immediately detect faces and adjusts the exposure to optimize facial brightness, no matter the lighting. Soft skin effect smooths skin and facial features when filming.
- Fast Hybrid AF System – Even in high-definition 4K where precise focusing is required, the camera will keep the images sharp with the same Fast Hybrid AF system seen in α series cameras. The camera is equipped with AF Transition Speed to select the focusing speed during video recording, and AF Subject Shift Sensitivity to control whether the camera shifts focus from one subject to another. t. In addition, the Real-time Eye AF can accurately keep focus on humans or animals for both stills and movies.
- Product Showcase Setting – which delivers convenient shooting of product review videos with smooth focus transitions from your face to the item you are highlighting.
- S&Q shoot mode which allows a selection of up to 5x slow or up to 60x quick motion to add impact to everyday scenes. The combination of shooting and recording frame rates can now be set on a single screen.
- ISO sensitivity spanning from 125 to 12800 – allows the camera to record sharp images with less noise, even in low lighting.
- Active Mode electronic image stabilization – content can be captured while walking or in motion and is especially useful for handheld shooting. Useful for handheld Movie and Slow & Quick motion shooting.
- Built-in ND filter – to reduce exposure by three stops and allow for beautiful background bokeh even in the brightest situation.