Blackmagic Design announced the Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro
Blackmagic Design announced the Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro, a more powerful studio camera model featuring an EF lens mount, a larger 6K sensor for improved colorimetry and fine detail handling, ND filters and built-in live streaming via Ethernet or mobile data. Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro shares the same compact all-in-one design of the studio camera family with a lightweight carbon fiber reinforced polycarbonate body, a large integrated 7-inch HDR viewfinder, and broadcast connections. Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro is available now from $2495.
Blackmagic Studio Cameras feature an ISO up to 25,600 so customers can create amazing images even in dimly lit venues. Advanced features include talkback, tally, camera control, built-in color corrector, Blackmagic RAW recording to USB disks, live streaming, and more. Plus, the new Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K Pro G2 and 6K Pro models add built-in live streaming via Ethernet or mobile data so customers can place cameras remotely, almost anywhere in the world.
“The Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro features an incredible 6K sensor that has amazing low light performance, plus it has an EF lens mount so it supports a massive number of lenses that customers already own,” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO. “It has all the high end features of the 4K models, but adds remote controllable ND filters and built in live streaming. I think this will be amazing as customers will be able to place cameras almost anywhere in the world! We think our live production customers will love it!”
Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro Features
- Native 6K sensor with 13 stops of dynamic range.
- Compatible with a wide range of popular EF lenses.
- Live streaming for global remote cameras via Ethernet of mobile data.
- Built-in 2, 4 and 6-stop remote controllable ND filters.
- Large 7-inch high-brightness viewfinder.
- Includes 12G-SDI, HDMI, 10G Ethernet connections.
- Single 10G Ethernet allows SMPTE fiber-style workflow.
- Professional mini XLR inputs with 48-volt phantom power.
- Optional focus and zoom demands for lens control.
- Blackmagic Studio Converter allows all connections via Ethernet.