“Now more than ever, teams and workplaces around the world need scalable, collaborative and easy-to-use visual communication products to empower them to achieve their goals,” explained Melanie Perkins, Canva co-founder and CEO. “The launch of Presentations gives workplaces of all sizes a unique, flexible collaboration product that makes work feel like play. I’m incredibly proud of our rapidly growing global team as we work together to empower the world to design.”
Canva’s surge in valuation is a direct result of the rapidly growing adoption from teams and workplaces across the globe as the company surpasses more than 55 million monthly active users and achieves a 130% year-over-year increase in annualized revenue while remaining profitable, the company said. Canva added presentations have become the company’s fastest-growing use case, with more than 250 million created to date and 85% of Fortune 500 companies embracing Canva.
In recent weeks, Canva has made several photo-industry related announcements, including partnership with Herff Jones and the acquisition of Kaleido AI, maker of popular background removal tool, RemoveBG.
“We are pleased to support Canva in its mission to help teams around the world to democratize visual communication,” said Alan Tu, Portfolio Manager of T. Rowe Price Global Technology Fund. “The company’s strong customer loyalty and consistent innovation has led to healthy growth, and we believe that they have the leadership team in place to continue on their path to becoming a much larger company in the future.”
“Canva’s growth is a testament to the company’s deep insight into the creative and communication needs of an ever-evolving workplace and its outstanding execution in delivering tools that help teams collaborate and present more effectively,” said Christian Jensen, Partner at Dragoneer. “It’s incredible to see what this nimble and passionate company from Sydney’s emerging tech hub has been able to achieve in such a short period of time. We believe that there are only a small handful of truly special companies being built at any given moment— and Canva is one of them. We are thrilled to be working with Canva as they enter their next phase of growth.”
Canva announced a suite of features for the presentaion model, including:
- Workplace Templates ranging rom business plans, to pitch decks, training manuals, status trackers and more.
- Talking Presentations empowers remote-friendly presentations; teams can record a presenter video that accompanies each slide and helps land every point, every time.
- Canva Live makes engaging presentations effortless, with live Q&A displayed on the screen during the session.
- Mobile-First Presentations take the power of Canva Presentations on-the-go, where teams can create a deck, share it, comment and review from anywhere.
- Magic Shortcuts surprise and delight the audience with various effects ranging from “C” for streaming confetti to “D” for a live drumroll.
- Charts and Infographics allow users to visualize complex information with infographics and animated charts; live data integrations coming soon.
With more than 600 presentations created per minute, Canva is bolstering productivity and collaboration across leading brands including American Airlines, Live Nation, Kimberly Clark, McKinsey, and Salesforce. For more information on how you can embrace the future of visual communication, visit Canva.com.