FUJIFILM North America Corporation announced FUJIFILM X-T200 lightweight and compact mirrorless digital camera. The X-T200 features a newly designed EVF, quick face detection AF, and a new sensor and processor combination that can create 24.2MP stills at 8 FPS and record 4K UHD video at 30fps. The X-T200 can also record Full-HD 120p video, making it a great tool to use for scenes needing super slow motion, according to Fujifilm. Additionally, the new Digital Gimbal Function can now be used to smoothly record video in-camera by mitigating camera shake through new gyro sensors in the camera body, the company says.
The X-T200 weighs 13.05oz (370g), which is about 2.82oz (80g) lighter than its predecessor (the X-T100) and is equipped with a new vari-angle touch-screen, a high-speed APS-C 24.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor, and an intuitive user interface. The camera’s vari-angle 3.5-inch, 16:9 Aspect Ratio widescreen LCD touch-screen can be opened and closed between 0 to 180 degrees and rotated between -90 to +180 degrees.
X-T200 will be available as a standalone body and as a kit with the XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Lens in Silver, Dark Silver, and Champagne colors. X-T200 is expected to be available for sale in late February 2020 at manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing as follows:
- X-T200 camera body only: $699.95 USD ($899.99 CAD)
- X-T200 kit including camera body and XC15-45mm45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens: $799.95 ($1,049.99 CAD)
- XC35mmF2 lens: $199 USD ($259.99 CAD)
FUJIFILM also launched the standard zoom FUJINON Lens GF45-100F4 R LM OIS W0 for the GFX large-format camera system. The GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR lens has an equivalent focal length range of 36mm and 79mm on a smaller 35mm format system, a maximum aperture of F4 and is a natural fit with two other GF Zoom Lenses–the GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR and the GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR, the company says.
The lens features 5-axis image stabilization, one super ED lens element, and a near-silent, high-speed autofocus motor, and dust- and weather-resistant construction. The GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR lens consists of 16 elements in 12 groups, including three aspherical elements, one Super ED element and one ED element to effectively control spherical aberration, field curvature and chromatic aberration.
The GF45-100mmF4 R LM OIS WR lens will be available in late February 2020, at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $2,299.95 USD and $2,999.99 CAD.
FUJIFILM Corporation also unveiled the latest plans to add to its family of GF Lenses, designed exclusively for the GFX Mirrorless Camera System. The expanded GF lens lineup, which will eventually be 13 lenses, will soon include:
- FUJINON GF30mmF3.5 R WR, a wide-angle 30mm lens is an equivalent 24mm focal length in the 35mm film format and is a perfect solution for landscape photography. This lens will be a slim, compact, and lightweight lens offering incredible resolving power for high-resolution imaging sensors, according to Fujifilm.
- FUJINON GF80mmF1.7 R WR will be a standard 80mm lens with an equivalent focal length of 63mm in the 35mm film format, which is suitable for portraiture and for making images in low-light conditions. This will be the lens with the widest aperture among GF lenses, the company said.