FUJIFILM North America Corp. launched FUJIFILM X-S10, the newest X Series compact, lightweight mirrorless digital camera. X-S10 is expected to be available in November with two lens kit options. Equipped with key features including the 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, and the high-speed image processing engine, X-Processor 4, as well as In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS).
The company also introduced the FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR Lens, the 36th interchangeable lens designed for Fujifilm’s X Series digital camera system. The lens, an update to the current FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS Lens, also features significant design and usability updates.
Main product features of the FUJIFILM X-S10:
A newly developed, smaller IBIS for its compact body
- The camera’s IBIS mechanism is approximately 30% smaller in volume and weight than the previous, similar X Series model. Despite its small size, weighing just 465g (1.02lb), X-S10 delivers up to 6.0-stops of five-axis image stabilization. To further assist with hand-held stability, X-S10 features a large, ergonomic magnesium- alloy grip, making it easy to keep the camera stable when large lenses are mounted. The design also features a magnesium-alloy front and top-plate to keep the body rigid and robust.
Film Simulation Modes and updated AUTO functions for outstanding image quality
- FUJIFILM Film Simulation Modes were created to celebrate the history of photographic film by digitizing some of the industry’s most iconic analog films. X-S10 features 18 Film Simulation Modes, including ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which creates a beautiful, desaturated, high-contrast look.
Dependable AF and High-Speed Burst Mode performance for those important moments
- The combination of X-S10’s high-speed AF and AF-tracking performance with the X- TransTM CMOS 4 sensor’s 2.16 million phase detection pixels and X-Processor 4’s computing power provides quick and accurate autofocus results, achieving focus in a 3 fast as 0.02 seconds in some cases, even at -7.0 EV* .
- X-S10 is equipped with high-precision Tracking AF for moving subjects and Face/Eye AF function to track a subject’s face and eyes.
Vari-angle LCD monitor and viewfinder that supports three Boost mode
- X-S10 has a vari-angle LCD monitor that can rotate up to 180 degrees. The viewfinder’s Live View function has three Boost modes available, including Low Light Priority, Resolution Priority Model, and Frame Rate Priority.
Extensive video-recording functions
- X-S10 generates 4K video from the amount of data equivalent to 6K to ensure the footage is in high resolution with low noise. It supports recording 4K/30p 4:2:0 8-bit video onto an SD card inserted in the camera, and outputting 4K/30p 4:2:2 10-bit video via the HDMI port.
- The X-S10 camera is also capable of high-speed full-HD recording at 240fps, producing up to 10x slow-motion footage of a fast-moving subject’s split-second motion.
In addition to X-S10’s IBIS, the Digital Image Stabilization (DIS) mode powerfully compensates for camera shake even when walking with the camera. Adding IS Mode Boost provides even more stabilization, nearly eliminating camera shake when it is used from a fixed, hand-held position.
Pricing and Availability
X-S10 is expected to be available in the U.S. and Canada markets commencing November 2020 in black and will be offered in both a body-only and two XF lens kit options.
- FUJIFILM X-S10 body-only: $999.95 USD / $1,349.99 CA
- FUJIFILM X-S10 with XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R lens kit: $1,399.95 USD / $1,899.99 CAD
- FUJIFILM X-S10 with XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR lens kit: $1,499.95 USD / $2,049.99 CAD
The new FUJINON XF10-24mmF4 R OIS Lens is expected to be available in the U.S. and Canada markets commencing November 2020. Pricing for the lens will be at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $999.95 USD and $1,349.99 CAD.