Panasonic released the brand’s first box-style LUMIX Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera DC-BGH1. Based on the Micro Four Thirds System standard, the LUMIX BGH1 takes advantage of an extensive interchangeable lens lineup and includes Panasonic technologies from professional cinema cameras, camcorders, and the LUMIX GH series. The LUMIX BGH1 will be available at valued channel partners in December for $1,999.99.
The new LUMIX BGH1 integrates a 10.2-megapixel Live MOS Sensor with Dual Native ISO technology and the Venus Engine. The LUMIX BGH1 enables 4:2:0 10-bit C4K/4K 60p or 4:2:2 10-bit All-I C4k/4K 30p internal video recording. The camera can record video with a designated gamma curve compatible with ITU-R BT.2100, and users can now choose Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) in Photo Style. A low-bit-rate recording mode C4K/4K HEVC/H.265 for HLG is also available.
The LUMIX BGH1 also incorporates deep learning technology detecting specific subjects like humans and fast-moving animals, including dogs, cats and birds. Notably for humans, in addition to the eye, face, and body, the head is separately recognized by real-time detection technology to provide even more precise focusing. The camera keeps tracking the subject even if they move quickly, turn their back to the camera, tilt their head or move far away from the camera. A future firmware update will support IP streaming over wired ethernet (RTP/RTSP).
The LUMIX BGH1 is equipped with Dual UHS-II SD Card slots for backup recording or relay recording.
Other practical features
- Supporting anamorphic lenses (4:3)
- Desqueezed Anamorphic output over SDI/USB-C/Ethernet
- Tally lamps (front 1 and rear 1), a network connection lamp
- Φ3.5 Audio (in/out) jack compatible with XLR microphone DMW-XLR1 (sold separately)
- Generic remote control unit φ2.5mm
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth 4.2 (BLE)
- Bundled accessories include a Cable lock band, AC adapter and AC cable
- Remote camera control using application software (LUMIX Tether for Multicam*2 and LUMIX Sync)
- Tethered photo shooting with LUMIX Tether for Multicam*2 software
- A SDK*3 (Software Development Kit) for camera control via USB will be provided for free.