Epson America Inc. announced the SureLab® D1070 and SureLab D1070DE drylab printers built for high-volume photo and graphic production. Designed for retail, event and e-commerce applications, the SureLab D1070DE adds a duplex feeder to provide automatic double-sided printing on sheet media to use for photobooks, greeting cards, invitations, postcards, and more.
The SureLab D1070 Minilab printer will be available in fall 2021 for a $2,595 estimated MSRP and the SureLab D1070DE will be available in 2022 for a $2,995 estimated MSRP. A $599 duplex feeder will be available for purchase separately to add double-sided printing to the SureLab D1070.
“Small-format, tangible photography and graphics are just as popular as ever as people seek out personalized photo products and localized graphics and stationery as mementos of special moments and annual celebrations,” said Aaron Brill, associate product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The SureLab D1070-Series supports a variety of production environments, including photography labs, retail kiosks and gift shops. And with double-sided printing on the SureLab D1070DE, applications can be expanded to meet an array of printing needs previously unavailable in a small-format minilab printer.”
The new SureLab D1070 and D1070DE deliver print speeds up to 460 4”x6”, 275 5”x7” or 140 8”x10” photos per hour, and are up to 10 percent faster than the previous generation, according to Epson. The printers have an enhanced 6-channel reliable MicroPiezo printhead, AccuPhoto image processing technology, and vivid UltraChrome D6r-S dye-based ink technology.
Additional features include:
- UltraChrome D6r-S high-capacity 250 mL ink packs deliver a wide color gamut; Cartridge-Free Printing can help reduce waste compared to traditional cartridge systems
- Prints on a wide range of high-capacity roll and double- or single-sided sheet media, including glossy, luster, matte, and thick card surfaces; maximum print width of 8.3 inches and offer BorderFree printing in frame-ready sizes
- New front-facing 1.44-inch LCD panel simplifies print tasks and operation; features new nozzle detection and alignment technology for less downtime and reliable operation
- Connect easily to printer over Wi-Fi, Ethernet or USB using a redesigned printer driver for Windows and Mac
- Compact size with integrated output tray and high-speed rotary cutter is suited for photobooths, portrait and event photography
- Epson Cloud Solution PORT monitor the live status of the entire printer fleet.