Rumours and interesting items from around the internet
- The Ins and Outs of Photo Organization in the Digital Age, via Cathi Nelson at Digital Imaging Reporter
- Google shuts down its Cloud Print service after 10-year Beta, via ghacks.net
App and software updates
- Mimeo Photos adds photo prints to offerings
- Leica FOTOS 2.0 for Android and iOS adds Adobe Lightroom CC integration, support for new iPad OS modes, and remote control of Leica cameras.
- Fujifilm to release drone friendly firmware update for Fujifilm X-T3 camera
- Luminar 4 from Skylum, featuring new AI Sky Replacement, has been released. Dead Pixels Society readers can get $10 off using the code “LUMINAR-FRIEND” at this link.
- Panasonic releases firmware update programs for the LUMIX S1R, S1, GH5, GH5S and G9
- MILK Books adds project extension for Apple Photos App
- U.S. Postal Service reports fiscal year 2019 increase of $514 million to $71.1 billion, overall volume decline of 3.8 billion pieces, and a loss of $3.4 billion.
People on the Move
- ShootProof adds exec James Scott to key customer support role
- Adorama names Matthew Eberhart as Chief Marketing Officer
- CT Lab Global Media adds Mike McEnaney as Editorial Director, overseeing all of the group’s print and web properties.
- The Michaels Companies named a Dick’s Sporting Goods executive, Vidya Jwala, to the newly created role of chief customer officer.