Cactus announces the RQ250, a palm-sized, bare-bulb wireless monolight that supports wireless TTL/HSS and gives you the best possible light in a compact body.
Hong Kong, February 26, 2018 – Photographers always want a high output portable flash with consistent light quality for location shooting. Cactus set out to create one of its own carrying the motto – if we do it, we will have to do it right. It has to be compact in size, outputs high quality of light, and versatile.
Today Cactus announces the RQ250 Wireless Monolight, a lithium-ion battery-powered wireless monolight with 250 Ws of power, which will be available THIS SUMMER.
“We could not find any off-the-shelf flash tube that meets our requirements for power output and uniform distribution of light in a built-in light modifier, so we designed one from the ground up for the RQ250,” said Henry Chan, head of Research and Development at Cactus.
What makes the RQ250 unique is its special flash head design. When paired with the optical optimized reflector, the TubeOneTM flash tube is able to deliver power with maximum efficiency. Hot spots are kept to a minimum, producing a pleasing and very usable, consistent light straight out of the included reflector.
Engineered for location shooting
The perfect balance between size and power
Builds on cross-brand platform
- 250 Ws produces more than 3 times the power of a typical GN60 portable flash
- Special designed reflector with frosted lens produces a powerful yet consistent and beautiful spread of light
- Bare-bulb ensures the best possible distribution of light in large modifiers
- Uni-body design with detachable reflector means compact and easy storage
- Lithium-ion battery powered
- 400 full-power flashes on a single battery charge
- Modelling light and AF-assist powered by on-axis LED modules
- Fan-cooled protects flash in harsh shooting environments
- Wireless TTL, HSS and manual power control supported on Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Sigma and Sony camera systems*
- Built-in wireless receiver works seamlessly with Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs for Sony
Price and Availability
Cactus RQ250 is currently scheduled to be available in SUMMER 2018 and price is to be advised.
Cactus is a global brand with distributors and dealers throughout the world.
OmegaBrandess has manufactured and distributed photographic and imaging products for over 75 years. A privately held company, OmegaBrandess supplies the photography industry with over ten thousand products from dozens of branded lines. For more information about OmegaBrandess and its represented brands, call 410-374-3250 or visit www.omegabrandess.com.