Rumors and interesting items from around the internet
- Fujifilm pulls X100V promo video after backlash over photog’s shooting style, via PetaPixel
- Google admits it sent private videos in Google Photos to strangers, via The Verge
- Why Camera Manufacturers Are No Longer Relevant, via Fstoppers
- DCW is the new online home for Australian Camera and ProPhoto magazines
Apps and updates
- The Hasselblad X1D-50c firmware 1.24.0 contains key firmware improvements, including added 2/3 step for exposure bracketing.
- 64BitApps releases Image Crop v.1.3.1 for macOS
- Gen Z fav photo-editing app VSCO further expands into video, via Techcrunch
- Profoto adds Android support to its B10, B10 Plus strobes via Profoto Connect app
Tech Trends to watch
- New research: Sharing and viewing photos & videos in the home – How digital frames keep reinventing themselves, via Hans Hartman, Suite 38a
- Konica Minolta reported nine-month revenues dropped 4% to 747 million yen and operating profits dropped 79%.
- smartphoto group NV reported higher sales and operating profit
- Snap reports fourth-quarter revenue up 44%
- GoPro reports full-year revenue up 4%
- Inter-State Studio and Publishing Co. is looking for a Sales & Marketing Specialist to join the team in Sedalia, MO.
- Smartphoto in Wetteren, Belgium, is looking for an online marketing coordinator.
- Want to work for Shutterfly and live in Minnesota? Dozens of positions are listed here.
People on the Move
- Computer vision expert Dr. Qian Lin becomes the first woman named an HP Fellow at HP Inc.
- Best Buy board to support CEO Corie Barry after allegations
- Xerox names Nicole Torraco as Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy and M&A officer
- After purchase by GameFace, MarathonFoto announces Bruce Franke returns
- Mike Sinigaglia has joined the JONDO Global team, leading the strategic brand partnership initiative. Prior to joining JONDO, he held several leadership positions including VP Sales at RR Donnelley and most recently managed the US strategic accounts business at HP’s Indigo.