Petcube announced the commercial release of a new Petcube Cam, a $39.99 smart camera with a live vet chat built-in. The new device pairs the advanced pet monitoring functions with online veterinarian advice powered by Fuzzy Pet Health, making on-demand pet care accessible to every pet parent. Petcube Cam is exclusively available for purchase on Amazon.
“70% of pet concerns can be solved without a visit to the vet, ” says Yaroslav Azhnyuk, Petcube’s CEO and co-founder. “Now if you capture your pet acting suspicious on camera, you can consult a professional vet 24/7 to see if your pet needs a clinic visit. With an affordable Petcube Cam and Vet Chat integrated, we’re getting one step closer to fulfilling our mission of connecting pets to the internet and giving them a voice.”
All Cam users will have the first vet consultation available to them for free via a chat in the Petcube app. For continuous use, subscription options are available.
Cam marks the most compact camera in Petcube’s line of products and comes with a minimalist 2.1-inch cube design, mounted on a flexible stand that you can tilt up and down for the perfect angle. Made entirely of hard plastic, the camera is pet-proof even with larger dogs.
Cam delivers a sharp 1080p HD video with a 110° wide-angle lens, 8x digital zoom, and night vision that lets you see up to 30 feet in pitch dark, giving full insight into your pet’s activity any time of the day. There’s two-way audio functionality to hear and speak with your pet.
Petcube Cam full list of features:
- 1080p full HD: 2.8mm focal length, 110º wide-angle lens, 1/2.7″ CMOS sensor, 8x digital zoom
- Night vision: 1 IR light, up to 30 feet in pitch dark
- 2-way audio with a noise-canceling microphone and high-fidelity speaker
- Sound and motion detection
- Vet Chat integration powered by Fuzzy Pet Health
- 1 free vet consultation available to every Petcube Cam user
- Free 14-day Petcube Care trial: 30-second clips are automatically recorded whenever motion or sound is detected; videos are uploaded securely via end-to-end encryption in the Google Cloud and are accessible for up to 90 days; AI-powered smart alerts to notify of barks, meows, pets, and humans (subscriptions start as low as $3.99 a month)
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi support
- Flexible mounting
- C-type cable (6 feet long)