Ápodo hopes to raise 30,000€ (around $36,000) to make professional equipment accessible to any photographer or video enthusiast
Today Ápodo launches on crowd-funding site Kickstarter. Starting from 506€ for the Ápodo Dolly, Slider & Dolly is the perfect solution for people who need a versatile, programmable and portable slider that fits in a backpack.
Ápodo Slider & Dolly is the perfect slider that comes ready to use out of the box. Ideal for everyday users and experts alike, it’s designed for anyone to bring their ideas to life. Whether recording a film, advertising, making time-lapses, or simply having fun, Slider & Dolly can be used to provide you with stunning dynamic sequences. To start using it you simply plug in your DSLR camera, start recording, use any of its 4 different modes (Manual, Automatic, Time-lapse and Stop-Motion), and watch your creations become a reality right before your very eyes.
Pablo Goñi, Founder at Ápodo, explains: “Our goal is to develop high-quality and affordable equipment to reinvent camera motion systems. Ápodo Slider & Dolly is a hybrid that allows to work as a portable motorized slider or disassemble the dolly to use it to surround objects, approaching an artwork, etc. Definitely, it is the perfect ally for every filmmaker. After a hard work developing this slider to provide an enjoyable user experience, we can’t wait to share it with the Kickstarter community and have them help to expand this unique technology with all.”
After selling the product in Spain and realizing its potential, they come to Kickstarter to expand their borders and make this innovative product available to everyone.
Technical specifications of the dolly:
- Dimensions: 256mm x 195mm x 125mm
- Weight: 2.5 kg
- Adherence Precision Wheels
- High precision stepper motor 0,01mm movements accuracy
- Capability to drive the panning module
- 5 different control modes: Manual, Automatic, Time-lapse, Stop Motion, Multipoint.
- 40 different speeds
- Horizontal traveling in a straight line and arc-shaped turns thanks to its tilting axes (vertical only on the guides)
- Trigger connection port for control of camera shots (Time-lapse Mode and Stop-Motion Mode)
- 4.000 mAh batteryTechnical specifications of the rails system:
- Folding Guides
- Dimensions: 120 cm mounted, 65 cm folded
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Adherent legs
- Three possible points of support: base support, adjustable feet, and tripods
- Traction by toothed belt system to be able to realize vertical traveling
You can back Ápodo Slider & Dolly on their Kickstarter page now; starting at 506€ for the Ápodo Dolly adopters. This product is designed for assembly and production in Europe.
Ápodo is a Spanish company born to give solutions to professionals in the audiovisual sector. Their knowledge and innovative spirit have led them to create Ápodo brand with which they seek to offer the perfect technological products to perform automatic camera movements.
Their multidisciplinary team counts among others professionals in the audiovisual sector, which allows them to focus and develop their products to the needs of the sector.