Capture One released a major update (15.2.0) to Capture One 22 that re-envisions keystone tool, adding several other features updates with expanded capabilities. This update also brings new camera and lens support for a number of the most recent hardware releases.
Reflecting Capture One’s ongoing commitment to the photographic community to continually evolve with feedback, there are a host of user experience improvements, and this release also marks a streamlining of the Capture One product line as subscription users of Brand licenses will have their product automatically changed to Pro, expanding functionality by enabling utility for all supported camera models and file types.
The Keystone Tool has been redesigned with new functionality and a new user interface. The Tool is now split into two tabs, Guides and Sliders, making it easy to automatically apply corrections and as well as manually tweak the result afterwards, and Auto Keystone has been added for all camera models, allowing a swift and precise perspective correction of most images, the company said.
For users on the Apple M1 platform, users can expect these performance enhancements:
- Preview generation is up to 100% faster.
- Luma Mask rendering is up to 300% faster. This makes it faster to render the initial Luma Mask and significantly faster to tweak the luminosity range afterwards.
- Feather and Refine Mask are up to 1,000% faster.
- Fujifilm X-Trans raw loading is up to 100% faster, making the preview generation and rendering when zooming feel significantly faster on images from Fujifilm APS-C cameras.
New Camera & Lens Support
New Camera Support:
- Phase One iXM-GS120
New Lens Support:
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm F1.4 PRO
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 1.4X Teleconverter
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
- Canon RF 14-35mm F4L IS USM
- Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | C
- Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C